Statement of Mayor Stephany Uy-Tan:
An aton pangandaman para han El Niño phenomenon nagtikang dida pa han naglabay nga tuig. Kaparte hini an water rationing nga ginpatikang naton dida pa han bulan han Enero labi na gud han mga apektado nga mga barangay, ugaring deri tanan naaakos sanglit by scheduling an pipira.
Gintatalinguha hini nga presente nga administrasyon mga matagan ug mabuligan an mga nanginginahanglan.
Ine in serbisyo nga hul-os, deri kay pamulitika.
An pagbulig nga sincero deri kay yana la nga mga panahon. An pagbulig nga kinasingkasing, deri kay may panira han iba.
An tubig an pinaka importante naton nga rekurso sanglit hirutan naton ini, pinaagi hin responsable nga pag gamit. Burublig kita para han padayon nga pag-uswag han aton ginhihigugma naton nga ciudad. Damu nga salamat.
Considered as neophyte in the Aliwan’s battle of country’s giant festivals, the Tribu Katbalaugan got the crown the first time it joined in 2015, and successfully retained its crown in this year’s battle and took home P1-million prize.
It bested not only the Sinulog of Cebu but also the Dinagyang of Iloilo, making it the Best of the Bests Festivals in the country.
Catbalogan City’s representative in the Reyna ng Aliwan beauty pageant wins 2nd Runner-Up.
Ms. LOU DOMINIQUE PICZON, a native of Catbalogan was once crowned as Miss Mandaue 2014 in Cebu.
It is with sincerest intentions that I convey to you my deepest gratitude to your kindness and generosity in helping us improve our health facilities in the City. Such an effort is worth commending and I just hope that the Good Lord will return such favor to you a thousand folds.
Health service is one of the core programs of the City Government of Catbalogan. If I remember it right, I vowed to improve all positive indicators in terms of health care service delivery of the City at the same time curb rates of negative health indicators. That commitment resonated not just in the four walls of the Mayor’s office but also to the City Health Office, its management led by our City Health Office, Dr. Gerarda Tizon and her very committed staff. The selfless and untiring efforts exerted by each of them/you has helped the City achieved a very distinct image being a reliable and dependable health facility not just for Catbaloganons but by the entire Province of Samar. As a matter of fact, a handful of recognitions were achieved by the CHO and the city in general for creditable and outstanding programs, activities and service implemented and rendered by the office.
The almost three year stint as the first lady mayors, the following are some of the remarkable milestones and achievements of the CHO.
As a response, we initiated the following:
1. Increased budget allocation for health from 23 M in 2012 to almost 36 M in 2016. This is almost 80% increase in budget allocation since I was elected into office.
2. Increased human resources for our health service delivery program from 4 nurses to 11 and from 10 midwives to 12.
3. Increased our service delivery capacity from 2 ambulances to 4 at the same time we forged MOA with private motorboat owners to serve as ambulances by the sea to ensure that our mothers from island barangay will deliver in our health facilities.
4. Submitted for accreditation to Philhealth our services in the City Health Office such as Maternity Care Package (MCP), Outpatient Benefit (OPB) Package, TB DOTS, and NEWBORN SCREENING
5. Conducted quarterly blood donation program
6. Merged the Community Health Teams and Barangay Health Workers into one health worker task force.
7. Initiated the Bantay Nanay, Bantay Lawas program
8. Provided honoraria and other benefits to BHWs
9. And on top of all these, we organized the Barangay Health Boards so that the City will be at the doorsteps of our communities and ordinary people.
These achievements are not just figures and narrative descriptions of our initiated programs and activities. These led to the achievement of the following performance indicators. Some achievement even surpassed national targets.
For Disease Free Zones Initiatives
1. For Schistosomiasis, from 61% treatment rate of suspected individuals exposed to schistosomiasis in 2012, the rate increased to 80.03%. The said number is so close to the national target of 85%.
2. In terms of TB, we increased detection rate from 38.95% in 2012 to 66.48% in 2014, again so close to national target of 70%. We also increased the cure rate from 88.80% in 2012 to 92.4% in 2013, way higher than national target of 85%.
3. For Filariasis, our treatment rate is a very high 90.08%.
For Child Care Programs
1. For Fully Immunized Child (FIC) program, our rate dramatically increased from 57.30% in 2012 to 95.56% in 2014-higher than the national target of 95%.
2. For newborn initiated breastfeeding, our rate increased from 66.50% in 2012 to 91.05% in 2014-higher than the national target of 80%.
3. For prevalence rate of protein energy malnutrition for age range 0-5 years old, the rate decreased from 6.60% in 2012 to 4.13% in 2014; below national target of 24%.
For Maternal Health Program
1. For the facility based delivery, the rate increased from 56.30% in 2012 to 83.21% just for the three quarters of 2015-higher than the national target of 70%.
2. For Contraceptive prevalence rate, from 0.55% in 2012 it rose to 18.56% in the first three quarters of 2015.
For Healthy Lifestyle, Health Risk Management and Advocacy
1. Household access to safe water rate increased from 52% in 2012 to 87% in 2014-higher than the national target of 85%.
2. Rate of households who have access to sanitary toilet facilities increased from 61% to 63% in 2012 to 2014. For this year 2015, we just constructed additional 630 new functional sanitary toilets and an additional 40 toilets are being constructed.
In totality, including those data that were not mentioned earlier the office has served almost 500000 clients in the span of three years. These achievements would have not been possible if we will only rely on the resources of the city government of Catbalogan. We really have to admit that the city has very limited resources that is why we needed more external support from various stakeholders, partners, agencies and organizations so that we can do more.
Fortunately, one of these generous resource sharers is here with us this morning. They helped us in building or constructing the main health center. With this may I request everyone to give them a big round of applause and say thank you.
#catbalogancity #stepforwardcatbalogan #bdofoundation
Let us extend our support and prayers to Catbalogan City’s representative to the Reyna ng Aliwan 2016, Ms. Lou Dominique Piczon representing our very own Manaragat Festival.
Competition will be from April 11 – 16, 2016 with the Coronation Night on April 16, 2016 Aliw Theater, Pasay City.
Just in time during the Holy Week, the on-going construction of Catbalogan Calvary Hill at Barangay Payao is now accessible and is your best spot to meditate and take off your mind from the buzz of city life.
Feel the breeze and enjoy the view but don’t forget to light a candle or say prayer or two.
#catbalogancity #calvaryhill #captivatingcatbalogan#quadricentennialcatbalogan #upatkagatoskatuigcatbalogan#cuatrocientoskatuigcatbalogan #karisyokatbalogan#stepforwardcatbalogan
Good Friday Procession has long been a tradition in Catbalogan that depicts the passion of Jesus Christ as depicted by well-crafted and adorned carros or carrozas of prominent families passed on by generations.
(Photos by Paulus Aragon)
In celebration of the quadricentennial anniversary of Catbalogan as the cabecera or capital of the whole island of Samar, a “Senakulo” was held this morning to reenact the passion of Jesus Christ as part of the Holy Week traditions.
The senakulo has been a tradition during lenten season held on the streets using vernacular dialect and in songs but only this year was this revived thru the efforts of the city government and the Parish of St. Bartholomew.
Senakulo or Cenacle (from Latin coenaculum), also known as the “Upper Room”, is a room in Jerusalem traditionally held to be the site of The Last Supper. The word is a derivative of the Latin word cenō, which means dinner. In Christian tradition, based on Acts 1:13, the “Upper Room” was not only the site of the Last Supper (i.e. the Cenacle), but the usual place where the Apostles stayed in Jerusalem and, according to the Catholic Encyclopedia, “the first Christian church”.
Para mahibalik an kadaan nga tradisyon kaupod an aton Parokya han San Bartolome Apostol para han aton Quadricentennial Celebration o ika-upat ka gatos nga tuig han pag-establisar han Catbalogan como Cabecera o Capital han isla han Samar, magkakamay-ada kita han SENAKULO.
Ini nga senakulo ginpapartisiparan han aton mga kabataan na estudyante ha Division han Catbalogan City, Department of Education.
Aadi an ruta han aton senakulo buwas, March 25, 2016 (Good Friday) nga malibot ha pipira nga kalsada dinhi han aton ciudad.
Gin-aaabi abi an ngatanan nga magkita hini nga nababatasan para han padayon nga pamalandong hini nga Semana Santa.
#semanasanta2016 #holyweek2016 #upatgatoskatuigcatbalogan #quadricentennialcatbalogan #cuatrocientoskatuigcatbalogan