EARLY STAND-OUTS REVEALED ON PRE-PAGEANT NIGHT

Miss Manaragat 2011 Pre-Pageant

After several candidates backed out from the Miss Manaragat Beauty Pageant, only twelve (12) candidates vied for the four special awards that were to be screened and judged during the Pre-Pageant Night held last August 14, 2011 at the New Maqueda Bay Hotel and Restaurant.

Of this twelve, four have excelled in the competitions that will determine the winners for four of the special awards namely Best in Swimsuit, Best in Casual Wear, Best in Talent and Miss Eloquence. It has been customary  to name the three best candidates in each category. The winners will then be announced during the Coronation Night.

Candidates number four (4) Lou Dominique Piczon, nine (9) Glennah Avenido, and eleven (11) Odette Tarrayo stood out in the swimsuit and casual wear competitions. On the other hand, contestant number five (5) Jasmin Japzon, along with Avenido and Tarrayo are the strong contenders for the Best in Talent and Miss Eloquence awards.

The Miss Eloquence Award will be based on the candidates’ performance in the preliminary interview, which was conducted during the Pre-Pageant Night itself, and the one-on-one interview which was conducted on the first day of the pageant week. Each stage of the interview are equivalent to fifty percent of the final score for this award.

The Best in Swimsuit, Best in Casual Wear, Best in Talent and Miss Eloquence are just four of the seven minor awards that make up ninety (90%) of the final score that will serve as basis for selecting the three finalists who will compete for the ultimate title of Miss Catbalogan City, the Ambassadress of the Environment. The remaining ten percent (10%) will be taken from the candidates professionalism. Three minor awards are still up for grabs during the Coronation Night namely the Best in Manaragat Festival Costume, Best in Eco-Filipiniana Terno and Best in Evening Gown. Special awards like Miss Photogenic, Miss Congeniality and Darling of the Press along with others to be given by sponsors will be announced on the Coronation Night as well.

 

Comments are closed.